Cozumel Chankanaab National Park
Snorkel , Diving and Swim with Dolphins in Cozumel Island
Chankanaab, one of the masterpieces of nature, since been declared National Park in 1980, it has been considered a special area for the protection and shelter of fauna and flora of the region.
Its name comes from the mayan language which translates to "little sea" and refers to the natural lagoon located inside the park. The lagoon surrounding the mystical ruins of ancient Mayan civilizations. Perhaps it was also a refuge for pirates who sought to stock up areas or hidden places to store their precious treasures. It is located within the National Marine Park of Cozumel at kilometer 9 of the coastal road south of Cozumel.
Enjoy the beautiful beach park and spend the day either snorkeling or diving, while admiring tropical fish, colorful reefs and underwater sculptures. You can also enjoy a tortilla made by hand in our Mayan house, visit the crocodile farm, see the show of the sea lions, or perhaps relax with a massage in front of the lagoon that gives its name to the park. These are just some of the many activities you can enjoy Chankanaab.
On the other hand, the experience of swimming with dolphins in Chankanaab Park, offered by Dolphin Discovery is without doubt one of the most popular activities for visitors. Do not miss it!
Chankanaab Park is the perfect place with the perfect atmosphere for a perfect trip. The entrance fee to Chankanaab Park, includes the following services and attractions:
- Swimming area
- Tanning area
- First aid
- Customer Service
- Lost & Found
- Space to watch dolphins
- Wheelchairs for the beach
- Chairs and umbrellas
- Snorkel and dive area
In Chankanaab we have shops where you can rent equipment for snorkeling and diving. We also have hammocks area, playground, a museum and a space where you can enjoy the beachâ€™s soft sand and crystalline waters. Chankanaab, natural treasure and heritage of the inhabitants of Cozumel, waiting for you to experience the incredible adventure of being part of our little earthly paradise.
Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Admission fee for adult is $21 USD and kids $14 USD.
How to get there
- If you come to Cancun or the Riviera Maya, you must go to Playa del Carmen and from the federal pier take the ferry to Cozumel. The ferry departs every hour, but we advise you to verify schedules and rates with your hotel Concierge.
- Take a taxi to Chankanaab National Park, when you get to Cozumel Island.
- When you arrive to the park, follow the signs that will lead you to the Dolphin Discovery facilities. We are located a few steps from the entrance. South Coastal Road) Km. 9.5
- Check in with our representative.